Cornbread and Biscuits
Hey kids! Want to see
my sparkly jumpsuit?
1) Cold In California Allison Moorer Don't really know her, but this was a nice surprise. I like the George Harrison-style guitar work. 6
2) Love Me Tender Amy Grant Sung with all the tenderness of a Barney lullaby. 1
3) Put It Out For Good Amy Ray Sweet Jeebus, I needed that. An effective saccharine-antidote. Also, I just realized this thing was stuck on alphabetical. 7
4) Too Poor Detroit Jr. "I figure if I were a millionaire, I could hook that up. Chick dig money." "Not all do." "The kind of chicks who'd double up on guy like me do." 9
5) Don't Give That Girl a Gun Indigo Girls Too slow for me, even for folk. Still better than Aerosmith. 3
6) Finally The Mighty Mighty Bosstones Base six for a good rock song, plus one for a rare Moog appearance on a 'Tones album. I'd roll a D20 to check my constitution, but I already used the geek joke yesterday. 7
7) With God On Your Side Bob Dylan A nasty delivery of a great bit of preaching, kind of like Samuel Jackson in Pulp Fiction. From MTV, back when they would occasionally play music. 6
8) Help Me Mary Liz Phair Sometimes you don't know how much you suck until Liz tells you. I like this better than her "slutty soccer mom" phase. Who'd have guessed? 8
9) 1984 Van Halen I'm a big fan of anything VH does, but this sounds like a robot with slow-motion diarrhea. Still better than Amy Grant. 2
10) You Lose The Replacements All the hate of a good Dylan song concentrated into 1:41. That equals 8.
Secret Bonus Track - My Sweet Lovin' Woman Robert Nighthawk Because I needed that. 9
Even with the self-serving inclusion of a 9, I end up with a 6. Damn you, Honeymoon in Vegas Soundtrack!